Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Delays

I shouldn't be surprised that the flight I'm taking out at midnight tonight is already being delayed an hour. Last year on my flight back from Guayaquil (taking the same airline, LAN Ecuador) we ended up getting delayed about 12 hours. I've heard a lot of complaints about the airline but it's cheap so I deal.

I will be flying into Guayaquil with my boyfriend, Dave (hopefully early tomorrow morning if delays don't escalate) and we will spend about 2 1/2 weeks traveling through the country, to some sights that I have seen and some that I haven't. This will be Dave's first time traveling to the country so all of the cities will be new for him.

Although I've studied Spanish for years, my conversational Spanish isn't as good as it should be but I'm going to work to improve it while I'm there--one of the main reasons I decided to go back.

I'll be taking courses at UEES in Guayaquil and staying with the host family that I stayed with last year. At the end of the 2 1/2 weeks, Dave will go back to the US while I will stay until the end of December.


My lovely host parents and I

No comments:

Post a Comment